Join our fight to keep young hearts beating. There are many ways you can help us reach our goals and save lives. Did you know that…
- 8 out of every 1,000 births each year will have a heart defect
- 300,000 youths under age 21 have a congenital heart defect
- Long QT syndrome is more common than Childhood Leukemia
- It is estimated that 5,000 to 7,000 of our youth in the United States will die from Sudden Cardiac Arrest EVERY YEAR
- When a person experiences sudden cardiac arrest, every minute counts; for every minute that a victim goes without defibrillation, his/her chance for survival decreases by 7-10%.
Having AEDs readily available at easily accessible locations, and having on-site trained individuals to deliver potentially life-saving defibrillation therapy quickly and effectively, can increase chances of survival by 90%. On average, it takes EMS teams in the U.S. 6 to 12 minutes to arrive on the scene resulting in a 90-95 percent fatality rate for SCA victims. Most deaths from SCA can be prevented with rapid response and treatment. With your help, we can prevent Sudden Cardiac Arrest and reduce the number of fatalities from this all too common killer.